Sen. Carla Nelson Lauded for “Preserving Local Authority” by League of Minnesota Cities
Sen. Carla Nelson recently earned an endorsement from the League of Minnesota Cities, and organization representing 853 municipalities in the State of Minnesota.
“I want to thank you for your efforts related [to] your strong advocacy for preserving local authority over land use decisions…” noted Betsy Hodges, President of the League of Minnesota Cities in their letter to Nelson.
Our members know that in order to be successful in serving our common constituents, state and city officials must work together as partners to reach solutions that meet the unique needs of rural, suburban, and urban main streets all across Minnesota.
City leaders also understand that without the support of legislative leaders like you, this state-local partnership would not be possible. The League looks forward to working with you to strengthen this relationship in the coming session.
The League of Minnesota Cities’ award is one of the many citations and endorsements earned by Sen. Nelson this year, including:
- National Federation of Business (NFIB) Guardian of Small Business Award
- Economic Development Legislator of Distinction, Coalition of Greater Minnesota Cities
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Leadership Fund Political Action Committee
- Rochester Post-Bulletin
- Minnesota Medical Association MedPAC
- North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters
- Police Officers Alliance of Minnesota
- Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association
- Minnesota Professional Fire Fighters